Chaplain’s in good standing, with other organizations, may apply for an F.R.C.A. Membership.
Step One – Must be endorsed by a local church, to be submitted with Membership Request Form.
Step Two – Three letters of recommendation, to be submitted with Membership Request Form.
Step Three – Pastoral letter of recommendation, to be submitted with Membership Request Form.
Step Four – Complete and submit Admission Request Form (available online).
Step Five – Complete and submit Background Check Consent Form (available online).
Step Six – Successfully pass Chaplains Certification 20 hour training class.
Requirements as follow:
- Must meet 5 hrs. annual continual education and membership criteria
- Must complete steps 1-6
- F.R.C.A. Membership approval does not automatically grant you an Ordained Minister status
- All applicants must be approved by the Board of Admissions
In order to remain in good standing, members and ordained ministers must meet and abide by the requirements (as said below):
- Continual education of 5 hrs. annually is a requirement.
- Quarterly and yearly reports are require
- Must pass the yearly background check
- Must have a pastor recommendation letter (from an affiliated church)
- Must have been active in ministry (it is not our intention to seek, approve and/or ordain chaplains that are not active in ministry)
- All membership requirements must be met for those seeking endorsement with the F.R.C.A.
- All membership and ordained minister requirements must be met for those seeking an ordination certificate with the F.R.C.A.
English | Spanish